We are looking to recruit driving carers in the Hornsea area.
(Own car is essential)
Previous applicants need not apply as details already on file.
Experience not necessary as training will be given.
For further details please call Diane on 01964 615190
Or call into the Shores Centre to pick up an application form.
You can also do it online details below
Click Here to download our application form and email to firstname.lastname@example.org
1. To provide a Service of Care to Service Users to enable them to lead an independend lifestyle for as long as possible. The Care Service involves a programme of personal care and household management tailored to each individual Service User in the form of a Care Plan. Care duties include assisting the Service User with the following activities and in so doing will at all times observe and respect the Service User’s independence, dignity and privacy as far as practical.
1.1 Personal Care:
- Dressing/undressing, preparing Service User’s for day care or appointments and trips out and escorting when necessary.
- Washing, bathing, showering, shaving, grooming and brushing teeth.
- Hair care – washing/brushing.
- Nail care – fingernails only.
- Toileting and all aspects of personal hygiene.
- Continence management.
- Care of pressure sores – under appropriate nursing supervision.
- Getting in and out of bed.
- Assisting with rehabilitation programmes as prescribed by Healthcare Professionals.
- Day, evening and night sitting as required.
- Assistance with stoma care.
1.2 Healthcare – prompting the Service User to take prescribed medication.
1.3 Dietary Care:
- Meal planning and preparation of meals/snacks/drinks according to the Service User’s Likes/Dislikes.
- Assisting with feeding if required.
1.4 Domestic/Light Housekeeping Services:
- General cleaning duties, e.g cleaning , dusting, vacuuming and polishing.
- Making beds.
- Washing up and empty bins.
- Laundry and ironing.
- Shopping, preparation of shopping lists and assistance with budgeting.
1.5 Personal Services:
- Practice maximum integrity in all aspects when supporting Service User’s with personal and financial affairs.
2. Adhere to all Company policies and procedures, this does include the use of call guardian on a call to call basis.
3. Participate in training and personal development:
- Attend mandatory training days/courses in-house and off site as required.
- Participate in relevant QCF training to gain a level 2 qualification in Health and Social Care.
4. Maintain accurate and concise Service User care records and time sheets.
5. Attend Staff, Team and Management Review meetings as directed by area supervisor and report back.